@ KAXE boardroom in Grand Rapids.
We’ve got a number of things to discuss, including past and upcoming tastings (Sept 26 Oktoberfest at the Forest History Center in Grand Rapids), and a little club business.
- We’ve updated our club’s liability insurance, so we’re up to date for another year.
- Larry J has been looking into T shirts, and will have some prices for us to consider.
- Three of us participated by serving beer at the Taste of Itasca Fundraiser, for Bridges Kinship Mentoring
- Over a dozen of us participated at the Deer River BBQ and Brew Fest, with the Boreals bringing in quite a few awards. We competed, judged, gave away beer and at the end of the evening, found ourselves handed about nine trays of assorted BBQ. Extra beer and extra BBQ. It was almost hard to handle.
- Three of us participated at the Eldercircle fundraiser dinner; serving beer, eating dinner and then falling into bidding during the home made pie auction. A great night.
- And the GR Oktoberfest is coming up. It’s a very fun time; last year we needed five servers to keep up with the demand for homebrew. You should consider bringing some beer and sharing the fun. Plus, you can get in for free. There are photos available to peruse at http://www.borealbrewers.com/whats-brewing/fun-beer-events-supported-by-boreal-brewers/grand-rapids-oktoberfest-2014/
Maybe bring some beer, possibly some food, and relax at a Boreal Brewers club meeting next Monday! Hope to see you there!